Almond Meringue Peaches
- 2 peaches (any ripeness)
- 4 amaretti biscuits
- 4 teaspoons amaretto
- 1 egg white
- 60g caster sugar
- Toasted almonds (to serve)
1. Cut the peaches in half and core a hole big enough in the middle of each for an amaretti biscuit. Place the biscuit in the core of the peach halves and sprinkle with amaretto.
2. Grill on high for 5 minutes.
3. Whisk the egg white in a small bowl using an electric whisk until it is doubled in size and stiff. Add the caster sugar gradually while whisking until creamy. You should be able to make soft peaks with the meringue.
4. Put a healthy dollop of meringue on top of each peach half and grill on high for another 5-10 minutes (or until the meringue has browned slightly on top). Top with toasted almonds.