Bacon Cheeseburger Wontons
For The Filling:
- 1 diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bacon rashers
- 500g mince
- 100g mozzarella
- 50g chopped gherkins
- 2 tsp American mustard
For The Wonton Wrappers:
- 250g plain flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 beaten egg
For The Sauce:
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp American mustard
1) Fry the onion, garlic, bacon and mince until cooked and transfer into a large bowl.
2) Add the mozzarella, gherkins and mustard, and mix well. Set filling aside.
3) In a large bowl, make a well in the flour and slowly mix in the beaten egg and water until combined. Knead for 5-10 minutes then leave in a warm place to rest for 1-2 hours.
4) Once rested, knead for another minute, then divide dough into 4. Roll out each piece until it is a 7×7 inch, then cut into 4.
5) Put 1 tbsp of the filling into each square, brush the sides with water and then fold into triangles. Repeat for all the dough.
6) Oil a baking tray and cook wontons for 8-10 minutes at your oven’s highest temperature.
7) To make the sauce, mix together the mayo, ketchup, and mustard.
8) Serve and enjoy!