Bacon-Stuffed Garlic Naan
- 300 grams plain flour (plus more to dust)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 15 grams melted ghee (or butter)
- 2 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 85 millilitres water (and more if needed)
- 2 bacon rashers, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon nigella seeds
- 20 grams garlic ghee (ghee with 1 clove of crushed garlic)
- Chopped coriander
1.Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and bicarbonate of soda. Make a well in the middle and add the melted ghee, milk, yoghurt, and water. Bring together with your hands into a dough, adding more water if needed. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
2. Flatten the dough and incorporate the bacon bits. Divide into 4 equal parts.
3. Roll each quarter out with a rolling pin into a teardrop shape that is about 3-5 centimetres thick. Sprinkle some nigella seeds on top and press in gently with your fingers.
4. Heat up a nonstick pan until you see it steaming, then cook the naan on one side until you see it bubbling up. Flip and cook for the same amount of time on the other side.
5. Mix together the crushed garlic clove and melted ghee and brush over one side of the naan. Sprinkle over some chopped coriander.