BBQ Bacon Meatballs
- 250g beef mince
- 250g sausage meat
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 40g chopped onion (half a normal-sized onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 pack grated mozzarella
- 6-8 rashers bacon
- BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan/200°C.
2. Mix the beef mince, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, garlic cloves and egg together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. It’s easiest to use your hands for this!
3. Roll mixture into golf ball sized balls. Use your thumb to create a dent in the balls, add a pinch of mozzarella and seal.
4. Cut the bacon rashers in half and roll the meatballs starting from the bottom of the rasher to wrap them.
5. Place meatballs onto a foil-covered tray and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and brush with BBQ sauce, bake for 5 additional minutes. Repeat the brushing and baking two more times to get an extra thick layer of BBQ sauce.