- 1 onion, diced finely
- 200 grams chicken, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
Burrito Spice Mix:
- 1 tsp chilli powder (mild, medium or hot – depending on your preference)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas
- 50 grams refried beans
- 50 grams cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 grams rice, cooked
Sour cream, guacamole, salsa and coriander to serve
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F.
2. Fry the onion until translucent. Add the chicken and fry until white. Add the garlic cloves and fry for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer mix to a bowl.
3. Mix in the diced tomato and burrito spice mix. Stir until completely covered.
4. Place the six tortillas on top of each other. Cut into a square and then cut into quarters.
5. In an oiled muffin tin, place the first layer of tortilla squares in and push down. Push the other layers of tortilla on top of these in a star formation.
6. Spread refried beans on the bottom of each tortilla, then the cooked rice, then the chicken mix, then top with grated cheddar cheese.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and coriander.