Cheese & Marmite Pasties
- 2 slices bread
- 500g grated potato
- 200g grated cheddar
- 50g chopped spring onions
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp marmite
- Plain flour (to dust)
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 2 eggs (for egg wash)
Here’s how you make it:
1) Tear up the two slices of bread and blend into soft breadcrumbs.
2) Add the breadcrumbs, grated potato, grated cheddar cheese, spring onions, egg and salt and pepper to a large bowl and mix until properly combined.
3) Add the marmite and a splash of water to a small bowl and microwave until slightly runny. Set aside.
4) Dust the surface with plan flour and roll out 500g shortcrust pastry into a rectangular shape the thickness of a pound coin.
5) Use a 15-16cm diameter bowl to cut out circles of the pastry. Brush the marmite in a circle in the middle of the circle, leaving a 2-3cm border around the edge. Add 2-3 tbsp of the potato filling on top.
6) Brush the border with egg wash and fold over into a semi circle shape, making sure it is sealed.
7) Crimp the sealed edges so that the filling is extra secure. Brush with more egg wash.
8) Re roll any leftover pastry to make more!
9) Bake for around 50 mins at 150°C until golden brown.