Cheesy Bacon Potato Bake
- 8 bacon rashers
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 potatoes
- 500 millilitres double cream
- 250 grams cheddar cheese
- Fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
2. Chop the bacon rashers into small pieces and fry until crispy. Add the onions and garlic and fry until translucent. Remove from pan and drain.
3. Peel the potatoes and chop thinly. Add to a large bowl and season with salt, pepper, and fresh thyme.
4. Butter a casserole dish and layer ⅓ of the potatoes on the bottom, so that they are overlapping each other. Pour over ⅓ of the cream, then ⅓ of the bacon mix, then ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat twice.
5. Bake for 50-60 minutes, covering with foil halfway through if you see the bacon burning.