Chocolate Orange Lava Cakes
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 125 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (plus more to serve)
- 50 milliliters orange juice
- 6 eggs (3 separated into just the yolks)
- 180 grams icing sugar (plus more to serve)
- 75 grams plain flour
1. Place a bowl on top of a pot of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
2. In the bowl, melt the dark chocolate and butter until smooth. Add the oil, orange zest, and juice, and heat for another couple of minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks, and add the icing sugar. Whisk until pale and thick. Add the chocolate mixture from earlier and fold in. Fold in the flour.
4. Divide mixture between greased cups in a muffin tin. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 200°C/400°F. The timing is very important but will vary in each oven. (Keep checking them after 6 minutes, and remove once the tops of the cakes are just about dry.)
5. Serve with icing sugar and orange zest.