Cider Poached Pears
- 1 pear
- 250ml apple cider
- 150ml orange juice
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Greek yogurt
- Toasted almonds
1) Peel the pear, cut in half and core.
2) Add the cider, orange juice, star anise, cinnamon stick and vanilla extract to a small to medium pan.
3) Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the pear halves and poach at a low-medium heat for 10-20 minutes (until you can stick a knife through with no resistance).
4) Remove the pear halves when cooked and reduce the rest of the mixture over a medium heat until it is a thicker glaze.
5) Serve the pears with a dollop of greek yoghurt, a handful of toasted almonds and the glaze!