Cookies And Cream–Stuffed Doughnuts
For the cookies and cream filling:
- 10 chocolate cookies
- 90 grams cream cheese
- 12 pieces of chocolate
- For the doughnut mixture:
- 250 grams plain flour
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 120 milliliters milk
- 50 milliliters melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
For the doughnut topping:
50 grams melted white chocolate
1. Pour the cookies into a ziplock bag, fasten, and bash into crumbs using a rolling pin.
2. Pour half of the cookie crumbs into a bowl and mix with the cream cheese. Set aside.
3. Prepare the doughnut mixture by combining the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
4. Add the milk, melted butter, and sunflower oil to a cup or jug, then pour into the bowl of dry ingredients.
5. Mix together with a fork until a dough is formed. Start rolling the dough into golf ball-size balls and then flatten using your thumb.
6. Spoon in a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and a square of chocolate. Close the dough with your hands, pinching the seams if necessary, and roll into a ball.
7. Heat up the liter of sunflower oil in a pan until it reaches 375°F (190.5°C).
8. Deep-fry the doughnut balls for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Then leave donuts to drain and cool on a wiring rack or paper towel.
9. Drizzle over the melted white chocolate and remaining half of the cookie crumbs.