Coronation Chicken Samosas
- 250 grams flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (add more as needed)
Coronation Chicken Filling:
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of pepper
- ½ lime, juiced
- Handful of sultanas
- 250 grams shredded chicken
- Vegetable oil
- Mango chutney (to serve)
1. Mix together the flour, salt, and olive oil in a large bowl until combined. Add the water and mix. Keep adding water while combining and kneading the dough until it is smooth and firm.
2. Cover bowl with a damp cloth and rest for 45 minutes.
3. Mix together the mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder, cinnamon, pepper, and lime juice in a medium bowl until combined. Add the sultanas and shredded chicken and mix. Set aside.
4. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for another couple of minutes.
5. Divide into six equal parts and roll into balls. Roll out the balls into a circle, then cut in half.
6. Wet the straight edge of each half, fold and pinch together to make a cone-shaped cup.
7. Add a tablespoon of the coronation chicken filling, wet the edges and pinch together the opening so there are no cracks.
8. Heat the oil to 170°C and fry the samosas for 5 minutes until golden brown.
9. Serve with mango chutney and enjoy!