Creme Brûlée Pie
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 60 Minutes
SERVINGS:8 – 10
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, salt and heavy whipping cream until combined.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together half and half, egg yolks and vanilla extract.
4) Add egg mixture to sugar mixture and lightly mix together.
5) Pour mixture into pie shell. Place the butter evenly around the top of the pie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
6) Bake for 60 minutes, or until it is browned on top and only lightly jiggly in the center. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!