Creme Egg Rocky Road
- 250g dark chocolate
- 150g butter
- 150g milk chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g digestive biscuits (crushed into chunks)
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 180g mini creme eggs
- 150g white chocolate
- yellow food colouring paste
- 1 tbsp oil – nothing too strong flavoured – like vegetable, rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 6 full sized creme eggs
1. Melt the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, butter and golden syrup over a bain marie. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
2. Stir in the digestives, marshmallows and mini creme eggs until everything is coated.
3. Transfer the mixture to a deep tray lined with baking paper.
4. Melt 75g of the white chocolate and stir in some of the yellow food colouring until the desired colour is reached. If it seizes on you, add a little bit of oil and stir it until it reaches a runny consistency again.
5. Drizzle over the rocky road mixture.
6. Melt the remaining white chocolate and drizzle that over too.
7. Cut the creme eggs in half and press firmly into the mixture.
8. Chill for at least two hours.
9. Carve it up and eat!
Serves somewhere between 1-16 depending on your ability to share!