Double Chocolate and Fruit Breakfast Pastry
- 1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons chocolate spread
- 2 tablespoons grated chocolate
- 1 banana
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- Melted dark chocolate and icing sugar, to serve
1. Roll out the sheet of puff pastry. Using a sharp knife, cut in half diagonally and then again horizontally to make 4 squares. Then cut each square diagonally to make 8 triangles.
2. Layer the triangles on a lined baking tray to make a star shape.
3. In each triangle, spread on the chocolate spread (about 1/2 tablespoon per triangle will be enough).
4. Then, in the middle, scatter on the grated chocolate, banana, strawberries, and flaked almonds in a circle shape.
5. Fold over the triangles to meet in the middle. Glaze with some egg wash and bake in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
6. Cut out each triangle to make a serving. Drizzle on some dark melted chocolate, icing sugar or with leftover strawberries and banana!