Homemade Pizza In Under 20 Minutes
- 100 grams self-raising flour
- 50 millilitres water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce (this can be a simple tomato sauce, or something you’ve made yourself!)
- 1 handful mozzarella, grated
- 6-8 slices of pepperoni
- Dried oregano
- Chilli flakes
1. Whizz together the flour and water in a food processor for a minute or so until it clumps together to form a single ball. You might need to add a little bit more water or flour to get the consistency right. (Dough should be soft, but not sticky!)
2. Pre-heat the grill (broiler) on high.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1cm thick.
4. Place pizza dough onto a well-oiled, oven-safe frying pan on high heat.
5. While the bottom is cooking on the hob, top the pizza with the sauce, cheese, pepperoni herbs and whatever else you like. (Try your best to not over-top it or else it can fall apart or get soggy.)
6. Continue cooking on high until the edges of the crust start browning and crisping.
7. Place the pan under the grill and cook the toppings until the cheese is bubbly and browning.
8. If you’re quick, you can actually have this from-scratch pizza on your plate (and in you mouth) quicker than it takes to cook a pre-made frozen pizza.