Lemon Butter Chicken
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 40 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more if desired
- 2 cups baby spinach
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium hight heat. Add chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Sear chicken until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3) Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute.
4) Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, lemon juice, thyme, paprika and Parmesan. Bring to a boil and slightly reduce heat. Stir in spinach and simmer sauce until spinach has wilted and sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes for sauce to thicken. If desired, add more Parmesan cheese.
5) Add chicken to skillet and coat with sauce. Place skillet in oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!