Mince Pie Doughnuts
- Jar of mincemeat
- A loaf of sliced white bread
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 50g flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Icing sugar to serve
1) Spoon a tablespoon of mincemeat onto the middle of a slice of white bread and cover it with another slice to make a sandwich.
2) Cut a circular shape in the sandwich with a glass, making sure the edges are well sealed.
3) Repeat for more doughnuts.
4) To make the egg wash, add the eggs, milk, flour and icing sugar to a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
5) Dip the doughnuts into the mixture, then fry in oil at 190°C/375°F until golden brown on both sides.
6) Roll the doughnut in icing sugar.