Mini Cherry Bakewell Cheesecakes
- 100g amaretti biscuits
- 100g toasted almonds (for base and topping)
- 50g butter
- 500g cream cheese
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 tsp plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Cherry jam
- Icing sugar
- Glacé cherries
- Ziplock bag
- Muffin cases
- Muffin tin
1) Transfer the biscuits and almonds to a ziplock bag and crush them to crumbs with a rolling pin.
2) Transfer crumbs into a small bowl and stir in melted butter until completely covered.
3) Place muffin cases in muffin tin and add a few teaspoons of buttery biscuit into each case, pressing down firmly to make sure they’re combined.
4) Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C fan and leave to cool.
5) While the base is cooling, add the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla extract, eggs and sour cream to a large bowl in that order, whisking together between each addition.
6) Add mixture to the baked biscuit bases, spooning a teaspoon of cherry jam in the middle and covering it with more cheesecake mixture.
7) Bake for a further 10 minutes at 180°C fan, then take out of the oven to sprinkle toasted almonds over the top. Reduce oven temp to 90°C fan and bake for 35 minutes.
8) Leave to chill overnight in the fridge, then serve with icing sugar and glacé cherries.