One-Pot Chickpea Curry
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 3 centimeter piece of ginger, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lentils
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 250 grams broccoli florets
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 grams fresh spinach
- ½ lemon, juiced
To Serve (Optional):
Low fat natural yoghurt
Handful of chopped fresh coriander
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil for 3 minutes.
2. Add all of the spices, the salt and the ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, the lentils and coconut cream, cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender.
4. Stir in the broccoli and cook for a further 4 minutes.
5. Stir in the chickpeas, spinach, and lemon juice and cook a further 3 minutes until the spinach is slightly wilted.
6. Serve with natural yoghurt and some chopped coriander.