Pesto And Halloumi Stuffed Peppers
- 30g fresh basil
- 30g pine nuts (toasted)
- 20g parmesan (grated)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 15ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Ground pepper
- 2 bell peppers
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of half lemon
- 50g-75g halloumi (diced)
1. Blend up the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to make a thick pesto – add more olive oil if it’s a bit too dry, but you want to make it relatively thick.
2. Cut 2 peppers in half and remove all seeds and pith.
3. Season them with a bit of salt and pepper.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and put them inside the halved peppers.
5. Spoon in a good bit of pesto into each one.
6. Squeeze on the lemon juice and bake at 200°C for 15-20 minutes until peppers are soft.
7. Cut the halloumi into small cubes and place them into the peppers.
8. Grill (broil) for 5 more minutes until Halloumi is brown and chewy.
9. Serve and enjoy!