Piña Colada Cupcakes
For the cakes:
- 280g caster sugar
- 200g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 100ml coconut rum (Malibu)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 240g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
For the topping:
- 450g icing sugar
- 250g butter
- 60ml double cream
- 1 tablespoons coconut rum
- 1 tablespoons pineapple juice
1. Whisk the melted butter and sugar together until noticeably thicker in consistency (about 3 minutes).
2. Add the eggs, coconut rum, pineapple juice and coconut cream and whisk again until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add gradually to the butter and rum mixture, mixing each time.
4. Pour the cake batter into a jug and then pour into 12 cupcake cases, about 3/4 of the way up. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180°C / 350˚ F
5. Once the cupcakes are out and have cooled, prepare the topping. Whisk the icing sugar, butter, double cream, coconut rum and pineapple juice together until thick and creamy.
6. Using a piping bag or zip top bag with a small corner cut off, pipe the topping onto the cupcakes and decorate with some dessicated coconut, cherries and a straw.