- 250g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 500g rigatoni
- Olive oil
- 100g parmesan (plus more for topping)
- Jar of tomato pasta sauce
- Springform cake tin
- Mozzarella ball
1) To make the topping, whisk the egg and ricotta in a small bowl and set aside for later.
2) Undercook the ricotta in boiling water by about 2-3 minutes so it is al dente. Drain in a colander and transfer back into the pan.
3) Add a drizzle of olive oil and 100g parmesan and mix thoroughly.
4) Place the pieces of rigatoni upright in the springform pan until it is filled. Spread the ricotta topping on top, then add the pasta sauce.
5) Add a pinch of salt and bake for 200°C for 15 minutes.
6) Remove from oven, sprinkle some more parmesan and add chopped mozzarella. Bake for another 5 minutes at 200°C until the cheese has melted.