Sausage Pretzel Party Ring
- 500 grams flour
- 2 tablespoons table salt
- 7 grams yeast (one packet)
- 40 grams melted butter
- 125 millilitres milk (lukewarm)
- 125 millilitres water (lukewarm)
- 16 small bratwurst
- 1 litre water
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- Rock salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix together the flour, salt, yeast, butter, milk, and water in a large bowl until combined. Knead until firm and smooth. Cover bowl with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place to rest for 2 hours.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for a couple of minutes. Roll out into a circle until medium thickness, then cut into 16 triangles.
4. Place the wurst on the fat end of the dough triangle and roll into a croissant shape.
5. In a medium-sized pot, boil the litre of water and add the baking soda once boiled. Boil the sausage pretzel rolls for 5 seconds, then remove.
6. Arrange the rolls into a circle shape, making sure it is quite tight so that once it bakes they join together. Sprinkle with rock salt.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
8. Serve with a dip of your choice, and enjoy!