Spaghetti Meatball Bake
- 500 gram jar bolognese sauce
- 250 millilitres water
- 400 grams fresh egg spaghetti (or whatever fresh egg pasta you like)
- 50 grams grated cheddar
- Handful of fresh basil (optional serving)
For the meatballs:
- 500 grams lean minced beef (5% fat)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- About ½ teaspoon of each salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Mix all of the meatball ingredients together into a large bowl, then form into 14 golfball-sized balls.
3. Combine the full jar of sauce and half a jar of water together in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the spaghetti until it’s fully coated in the sauce.
5. Spread the coated spaghetti into a casserole dish then top with the meatballs.
6. Cover and bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle over the cheese and grill/broil for a further 5-7 minutes uncovered, until the cheese is melted and stringy and the top of the meatballs are brown.
8. Sprinkle over the basil and serve immediately.