Stuffed Firecracker Chicken Rolls
for 4 servings
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 cups spinach
- In a shallow dish or large plastic bag, add the soy sauce, buffalo sauce, garlic, honey, and sweet chili sauce. After mixing, reserve half the marinade in a separate bowl for later.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken breasts horizontally, making sure not to slice all the way through. Cover chicken breast with parchment or plastic wrap and use a mallet to flatten the chicken, about ⅓ inch (8 mm) in thickness.
- Place chicken breasts in the marinade and chill for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add the onion and bell peppers, and cook until soft.
- Remove the chicken breast from the marinade and lay flat. Spoon a layer of the onion and the bell pepper mixture across the chicken breast, then add a layer of spinach.
- Roll up chicken breast and secure with a toothpick, about 1½ inches (4 cm) apart. Cut the chicken breast in half.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, place chicken rolls inside the pan, cook until inside is no longer pink, about 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add reserved marinade to the pan and cook until caramelized, about 3 minutes.
- Serve drizzled in caramelized marinade.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)