Sweet & Savoury Cheesy Bacon Twists
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg (for egg wash)
- 1-2 teaspoons paprika (or cayenne pepper – both optional)
- 150g cheddar cheese
- 10 rashers streaky bacon
- Brown sugar
- Fresh rosemary (minced)
Here’s how you make it:
1) Roll out the pastry and brush with the beaten egg.
2) Sprinkle on the paprika and cheese evenly, then sprinkle flour on a rolling pin and flatten down.
3) Cut into 1/2 inch wide strips, then fold in half and pinch the ends together. Gently twist pastry.
4) Wrap bacon around the twists.
5) Sprinkle on brown sugar and minced rosemary.
6) Bake at 190°C for 45-50 minutes, turning halfway through to make sure they are golden brown all over.