Sweet Potato Bombs
- 500 grams sweet potato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Splash of double cream
- Onion salt
- Soft cheese
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped into bits
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 50 grams plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
1. Boil sweet potatoes in salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until softened. Drain.
2. Add the butter and double cream, then mash until smooth. Season with onion salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3. Chill for 1 hour.
4. Separate mash into four equal amounts and roll into balls. Flatten a section in the middle of each ball and stuff with the soft cheese, bacon bits, and spring onion. Close the hole so that no filling is visible on the outside, and roll into a ball. Chill for 30 minutes.
5. Roll in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs.
6. Heat some vegetable oil in a large pan until 170°C and cook the balls for around 2 minutes on each side.