Swiss Roll Pops
- 125g caster sugar (plus more for dusting)
- 3 eggs
- 150g plain flour (plus more for dusting)
- Vegetable oil
- Strawberry jam
- Icing sugar to dust
- Lolly sticks
1) Add the sugar and eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until pale and thick.
2) Fold in half of the sifted flour, then the other half.
3) Add 1 tsp lukewarm water and fold in.
4) Grease a paper lined baking tray with vegetable oil, then dust with flour and sugar. Pour the mixture in and bake for 10-12 minutes at 200°C/Fan 180°C.
5) Place some baking paper on a warm tea towel and dust with sugar. Place the cooked sponge face down on the paper and peel to reveal the sponge.
6) Cut off the edges to make a rectangle, then roll up with the paper to ‘train’ the sponge. Unroll and spread strawberry jam all over.
7) Roll up without the paper then dust the top with icing sugar.
8) Cut thin slices, stick in the lolly stick and dust with more icing sugar. Enjoy!