Thai Green Roast Chicken
- 6 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 medium chicken (about 1.35kg)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the Thai green curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
2. On a roasting tray, prepare your chicken by cutting several slits across the thickest part. Pour the Thai green marinade on top and rub all over to fully coat the chicken. Cover with cling film and marinate for 3-6 hours.
3. Next, pour any leftover marinade over the chicken that slid off and season generously with salt and pepper. Cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour, basting occasionally.
4. Remove the foil after 1 hour and roast a further 30 minutes.