Toffee Apple Bread Pudding
- Toffee apples
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 6 apples, sliced
- 1/2 loaf bread (400 grams), cut into chunks
- 200 millilitres double cream
- 200 millilitres milk
- 2 eggs
Vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C/350˚F.
2. Prepare the toffee by gently heating the brown sugar and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan.
3. Once bubbling, stir in the apple slices for a few minutes and take off the heat just as they start to soften.
4. Lay out half of the apple slices in a oven-proof dish and then throw the bread chunks on top.
5. Lay the rest of the apple slices on top and set the remaining toffee mixture aside.
6. In a jug, mix together the cream, milk, and eggs. Pour all over the apple slices and bread.
7. Bake for 1 hour.
8. Reheat the toffee mixture and then pour over the bread pudding.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream.